Korean Drama Love Affair

Annyeonghaseyo - 안녕하세요 

Thank you for reading my very first blog post, I am so happy to be sharing all that is K-drama and my love for the Korean culture.

I started watching K-drama's for the first time in 2018 around November and since then, I have an extensive list of series I have watched and completely adore. Being from South Africa at the time my family and friends found the whole idea completely insane, but I think because I had been introduced to Anime a few years back it was natural for me to quickly enjoy and appreciate Korean series. 

So why K-dramas?

Here are a few reasons why I personally enjoy the series and why I doubt I would ever go back to just watching Western series. 

- I found that Western series had become extreme in either it's sexual and/or violent natures of a majority of the series they currently produce. 

Don't get me wrong I still watch Western series and if I come across anything that piques my interest I will watch it but I also spent a lot of time not watching anything due to the fact that it was very violent or overly sexual. Therefore Korean drama's or Asian series had been a breath of fresh air. It had relatable and none relatable experience that was filled with either romantic anticipation or genuine intrigue, that did not leave you having to fear that soon you will need to cover your eyes. 

- I was often moved. 

There is nothing better in the world than to read a book and to experience emotion whether happiness or sadness. With the Asian series genre the storylines, even though at times can be repetitive, have one thing that is enduring and charming. They know how to capture the heart. Be it by a character, a specific scene or the storyline in general. I have fallen in love with scenes that have had me in tears or in stitches, I have fallen in love with moments between friends, lovers or complete strangers. 

- Romance 

Being the hopeless romantic that I am there has been for a very long time where I could indulge in my favourite genre which is Romance or Romantic comedies. When I did find something worth my time sex was always cheap and easy. It sometimes feels like movies and series, in general, are rushing to see how quickly they can have the lead actors get into bed. Gone are the moments we ourselves enjoy when we meet a potential love interest, the first time you meet, the first moment of contact being touching hands or a hug, the first time you realize they like you or you like them and the obviously the first kiss. Those are moments that we as humans all experience and enjoy yet we are conditioned to rush through them. Thank you, K-dramas for reminding me that those small moments are also valuable. 

- The culture 

I really appreciate how authentic and true K-dramas are to their culture and heritage. Being a very inquisitive person by nature I enjoy new experiences and learning about new cultures so for myself, this was another big bonus. 

- I think Asian people are beautiful. 

There really isn't anything more to say in this regard, I think every culture has beautiful people but the Korean, Twainese and Japanese actors I enjoy watching are really beautiful.

I really hope this has at least intrigued you a little to give K-dramas a chance to capture your heart as it has mine.
Thank you again for spending some time here and I hope to see you soon.

 Love 바바라 


Image Sourced:https://wallpaperaccess.com



Comments

Popular Posts

Instagram Profile